- Join the 689 Moving Metro Wellness Program Team
689 Moving Metro Wellness Program is Hiring!
We're growing our wellness program by adding another team member! Are you or someone you know qualified and interested in applying? See the job details and how to apply below.
The Transit Employees Health & Welfare Fund (TEHW) is currently seeking a Worksite Wellness Specialist to assist the Wellness Program Manager with the onsite implementation of our new 689 Moving Metro Wellness Program. The Worksite Wellness Specialist will support the creation, development and execution of strategic health promotion programs, lead wellness campaigns and serve as onsite program support for the Wellness Program Manager. A major aspect of this position will be visiting all of the large job sites within our organization on a consistent basis to deliver key wellness program messages and promote enrollment in the program. Since this initiative is in its infancy stages, this position will be helping it grow into a well-rounded and effective program! Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about preventative health and driven to spread our message.
The program launched in January 2015 with the specific goal of introducing the concept of preventative health in a fun and non-intrusive way. Partnering with Virgin Pulse to manage our wellness program engagement platform allowed us to focus on promoting increased physical activity amongst our members. We currently offer access to an activity tracking device along with other healthy living tools via a website or smartphone app. We plan to continue to grow the program to offer easy to access services that create awareness, motivation and provide practical tools to members to help them adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
The Fund is administered by a Board of Trustees comprised of equal numbers of Trustees appointed by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (“WMATA”) and the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 689 (“Local 689”). Participants in the Fund include the WMATA employees represented by Local 689 – bus operators, train operators, maintenance and construction workers, custodial workers, and clerical staff. These employees are assigned to various worksites throughout the Metropolitan Washington area and to various shifts. The goal of the Fund’s health and wellness initiatives is to promote a positive culture of health and well-being and to reduce unnecessary medical utilization and lost-time, while improving the health and safety of participants and their families. The Worksite Wellness Specialist will work closely but independently, with the Wellness Program Manager.
- Understand and fully support the mission of the 689 Moving Metro wellness program “We aim to empower Local 689 members and their families by equipping them with information and tools needed to make small changes moving toward a healthier life.”
- Travel throughout the WMATA organization on a daily basis, visiting job sites consistently with wellness related materials and information. This includes 14 large locations throughout DC, Maryland and Virginia.
- Run registration tables, attend safety meetings, and assist with health fairs to promote the wellness program.
- Flexibility with work schedule to meet the needs of day, evening, and night shift.
- Position will be expected to provide prompt and personal follow through to meet member needs. Example: response to emails or phone calls within at the latest 24 hours mid-week.
- Attention to timely follow through with member needs and feedback.
- Willingness and knowledge to answer employee questions regarding benefits and wellbeing programs.
- Assist in drafting employee communications with respect to wellbeing programming to provide continuing education.
- Motivate and assist participants in setting and reaching health related goals.
- Implement approved wellness related activities. Examples include: lunch and learn seminars, fitness classes, awareness month activities etc.
- Maintain and implement a consistent onsite wellness visits calendar.
- Refresh and create educational materials for the variety of job locations within the organization.
- Contribute relevant content for our TEHW website and 689 Moving Metro Facebook Page.
- Develop relationships with TEHW members, Union Officials and WMATA leadership.
- Assist in the development of programs that create awareness, motivation and provide tools to members that help them adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
- Assist the Wellness Program Manager with the management in the day to day administration of all wellness strategies, initiatives and reporting on effectiveness and outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of the wellness program annual plan.
- Stay abreast of current national health and wellness trends, initiatives, activities and best practices.
- Explore ideas and opportunities to personalize the program to increase associate participation.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Maintain open communication and provide regular reports to the Wellness Program Manager on position and program accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Health Promotion, Community Health Education or related field
- Fitness (NASM, ACSM, ISSA, NSCA or ACE) and CPR certification required within 60 days of hiring
- Experience with working directly with employees through a worksite wellness program with large and diverse populations
- Passionate about preventative health and helping others in their health journey
- Enthusiasm and ability to work well on a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Knowledge of HIPPA and ACA rules and regulations related to corporate wellness programs
- Working knowledge of behavioral change concepts and employee engagement strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and presentation skills
- Exceptional active listening and ability to anticipate member and program needs
- Ability to work independently and in close consultation with the Wellness Program Manager
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential documents and information
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at one time
After careful review of the position responsibilities, if you are interested in applying for this position please submit your cover letter and resume to Nichole Weaver, Wellness Program Manager via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
**The Fund is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.**
Read all news